Being Approached | The Sign
Well I did it....mostly at least. I went out and I spoke to strangers. Teiji, Anise, and I. Odd to think about now that I'm typing it out though. We went to Southcenter mall, held up a sign that read "Can I get a hug?", and just waited. But not for long.
When we first got to the mall we kind of post poned the entire experience. We just stood about, went to a few stores looking at clothes, just did anything we could to avoid this soon to come very awkward social situation. We talked about what was going to go down and just how we were going to go about it. We even made bets discussing who was going to get the most hugs depending on how approachable they were. Of course we all thought of Teiji. The man has a massive baby face.
When we first got to the mall we kind of post poned the entire experience. We just stood about, went to a few stores looking at clothes, just did anything we could to avoid this soon to come very awkward social situation. We talked about what was going to go down and just how we were going to go about it. We even made bets discussing who was going to get the most hugs depending on how approachable they were. Of course we all thought of Teiji. The man has a massive baby face.
I chose this approach to start because I first wanted to see if I could get other people to approach me. I will admit I chose this due to being nervous. Just walking up to someone and engaging with them is always nerve-racking.
But eventually, we had to whip out the sign and put ourselves out there for hugs. And to my surprise, it worked out very well.
(VIDEO OF HUGS)
Now looking at the video you can see that the hugs came rolling in. People of all races, no matter what the age came up to us and just put their bodies out there and gave us a bit of small talk. It was a total shock, I had no idea the results would be that well.
All in all, I was totally wrong about how I thought this was going to play out. . . People aren't nearly as self-indulged as I once thought.
All in all, I was totally wrong about how I thought this was going to play out. . . People aren't nearly as self-indulged as I once thought.

Comments
Post a Comment